PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone else remember "The Swamp" at APC?
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2007, 17:20
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 441 Likes on 233 Posts
Anyone else remember the two crewmen (GMcA and PT) getting caught in the act of "liberating" the bell from the Sgts Mess back to blighty?

I knew some thing was up as soon as PT staggered (for more than one reason) into the "trooping centre" (cinema) with something very heavy in his beach bag; the strap was nearly cutting his shoulder off. As they sat down next to me it was more than a small giveaway when the bag went "DOI-OI-OING!" as it hit the floor.... I quickly moved along half a row!

Enter RSM and OC Det (JS) who beckoned said miscreant crewmen. Exit McA and PT, only to return minus the bag and contents.... lucky they weren't locked up.

One night a "well worn" Harrier pilot tried to shoot a big ferocious landcrab which was living under the water cooler outside the pilot's rooms. A big claw used to appear and have a go at unsuspecting flip-flop clad feet... "Bona mate" took aim with his spear fishing gun, missed completely, only to see the spear bounce off the concrete and go straight through the plywood wall into the latrine block. Another pilot was showering when he had a very miss with the spear, which clattered in alongside him.

lsh, I think I was there too when "Noeffinit" did his trick with the red smoke grenade. First time I'd seen red flying suits apart from the Red Arrows.