PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 10th Jun 2007, 13:18
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it's true there is no one except the people it shouldn't have to burden that care and can and will or should i say have made a difference....us. last year i stood in the houses of parliament and when i had the oppurtunity to lobby mp's i stood there and in front of these chinless wonders broke down, because the reality of grief and it's ugliness was something they ended up seeing as undignifying as it might have been. i stood there with all of them looking at me and i said evey last crew members name that lost his life on jan 30th. i wanted their names to be said in the walls of the houses of parliament. i told the suits what you guys face every day and asked for support and asked why this was happening and look at where we are. thanks to the efforts of some special guys, nige, flip airsound all of you you know who you are marshalls is full of hercs but sadly not all the fleet. isn't it a travesty that ten men had to die for foam to be fitted. isn't it a travesty all that we have had to do instead of being able to rely on the powers that be to sort the problem...and surely by fitting the foam is tantamount to an admission that foam might of saved them and clearly has a place in the needs of hercules in todays threat environment.

i'm sorry that i have lost it and given into a rant. i guess i feel pretty useless and frustrated at my inability to sort this out or to help in some way. i remember how it felt to see them squirm in their seats so i guess that's something. guilty minds eh?! i guess that i have to sit back and sit and wait for the pre inquest and inquest to get some more answers. like many though i am sick of waiting. how much longer do we have to endure this open book, this lack of answers? no doubt i'll calm down after i've pressed send!