PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA Pilot Shortage
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2007, 09:51
HeavyWrenchFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will not fly on a commuter airline in the US. Do you really want to be sitting fat dumb and not happy in the back of a jungle jet while a no time fo just fills the seat while a low time Captian fly solo? (Comair crash?)
There will not be a pilot shortage if the wages were better than a fry cook at McDonalds.
Wages will not go up till folks stop taking the jobs.
Do you really want to trust your life to a low time pilot ?
This "plot shortage" is going to lead to Major problems down the road.
The good news I've made more money last month by having to go around at LAX. Rj wanted to turn around on the rwy and taxi back to the taxiway he over shot..... 12,000lbs of fuel and a lot of noise later...(oh well i get paid by the minute.) Hopfully seeing a 747 going missed low ,up close and personal woke him up.
Next week rj was told 180kts till the marker, they slowed to Vref early without saying anything..... Kind of scewed up the spacing a tad.
Well i guess the only fix is better training, like that is really going to happen,
WD

Then how about the US airline heavy that was lined up with 25R although they were cleared for VISUAL 24R two weeks ago at LAX. Not only they had to go around themselves, they made a 737 go around as well due to a TCAS RA and we were right behind that 737 watching this whole thing listening to ATC calling them repeatedly. I met the morons on the crew bus later, they were mistakenly on ground freq already while on final and only went around becuase they saw an RJ in position and holding. They didn't have a clue it was the wrong runway until then. Both high time with thousands of hours to go along with their white hair. What's their excuse??? Calculate the fuel burn for that one. I would not trust my life with these two morons, I don't care how many thousands of hours they have.

Cheers