PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Croft Farm Flyin today - Oops!!!
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2007, 08:33
Humaround

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The second aircraft to suffer an accident yesterday at Defford is a Silence Twister - engine sounded rough after take-off and the aircraft lost height rapidly from about 50', making a forced landing in the next field after the runway (27) which is rape-seed crop. The pilot walked away, but I imagine the aircraft was quite badly damaged - it was recovered by trailer later in the evening.

It was truly heartbreaking to see G-CDRM on its roof beside the strip all day - so glad there were no serious injuries (pilot broke collar-bone I believe). I hope the aircraft and pilot make a full recovery.

Despite these accidents (which I can't imagine were in any way connected) it was a great day attended by a large crowd, impressive aerobatic display by a P51 Mustang, and a stately fly-past by a DC-3.

Lots of money was raised for the Mission Aviation Fellowship (which flies the sick out of isolated parts of the third world) and the Air Ambulance - I was collecting for this and the public could not have had a clearer demonstration of the Air Ambulance's work!

Thanks to all who attended and helped.