PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baron - 58 vs 58P
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2007, 06:24
bushy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Real world????

Gaunty OLD CHAP.
Your response to my post is exactly what I expected.
Your real world appears to be different from the real world that the rest of us live in.
Could you please tell us about the crusader which is "Bullet proof" and can be flown "feet on the floor through all regimes" and " flies like a single with an engine out."
Does this aeroplane not have assymetric thrust when it has an "engine out"? I do not know of any singles that do that.
Reality.
Yes, I have flown a crusader, and it is a nice little aeroplane with some innovative technology. But it still has assymetric thrust when it has an engine out.
You also say the C414A is"IMHO where you should be. ......And will still be worth something when you get to sell it.".......and later,"donate the 414A to the local kindergarten"
Which real world?
Yes, I have flown a C414.
Reality.
I saw an example of a couple of turboprop singles that a company INVESTED in. One cost over 6 million, and was eventually sold for 2.5 million. (after extensive maintenance.) The company shut down the operation.
Reality.
So far the turboprop singles are very expensive to buy, and need a lot of well paying work to make them viable. And about $100,000 a month to service the loan and insurance.
They have a place where lots of dollars are available. If all the piston engined machines were gone, people would have to buy them.
There are many 20 or 30 year old piston engined machines in Australia that have only flown a few thousand hours, and that is a fraction of what they are capable of. (It's proven) With proper engineering they can keep a lot of Australia's transport going for another decade. By then the little jets and new small turboprops will be here.
Just for information, last time I checked the first 172 that Cessna ever built was still flying in the US, and the first Fletcher FU24 agplane was still flying.(It was built about 1955). There are still some Luscombe 1947 vintage aircraft flying in Australia.

Last edited by bushy; 10th Jun 2007 at 06:38.