PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tail Rotor Balancing
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2007, 00:56
bellsux

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the point that helieng is trying to make is that you can always fine tune it below the minimum acceptable (T/R normally 0.2ips) with extra runs but do you do it at the cost of fuel/cycles/manhours opposed to extra life on the components. The AS350 has a TRDS balance limit of 0.8 ips as a minimum limit but it is quite easy to get it down to 0.2 ips or better.

You are right about being able to feel vibrations through your pedals but you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 0.3 ips and 0.1 ips.

Back to the original question, the 2020 is a good piece of kit and it will talk you through the setup and balancing process but if I were you I would have someone show you through it the first time and also explain why the equipment is telling you to add weights at those points. Also no matter what equipment you use you will need a very accurate set of scales, the digital ones with an accuracy of 1/10th of a gram are the best. Ask your local crack dealer who sells them in your neighborhood.