PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are my RIGHTS going through security?
Old 9th Jun 2007, 19:28
FirmamentFX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take your jacket off before you get to the head of the line, have your laptop out of your bag and ready to put in a tray and get through security as fast as you can so that the rest of us lining up behind you don't have to wait for hours. Having spent far too much of my life standing in security lines I'm convinced that at least fifty percent of the hold ups are caused by pax who can't seem to understand a few simple rules to speed things up.
Couldn't agree more - there are few things more annoying in airports than people who have to wait to be asked to remove their jacket (and, if you know you have steel caps as I do, then your shoes) and can't seem to do it while waiting for 10 minutes in line...

I liken this to people getting on a bus who get to the driver and *then* choose to get their purse/wallet out and search for exactly the right change. Or the same thing for supermarket queues (especially here in France, where it is also obligatoire to have a long chat with the checkout girl before paying...)

Cheers!

Martin

PS: Gouabafla, yeah CDG can be absolute hell....