PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help - My 'Plane share' is going wrong
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2007, 16:46
gordon51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My Plane share gone wrong

Dear 3Y

Thanks for your reply and to the 25 or so others that all gave their input. In the main supporting the fact that one member should not be able to relocate the plane without agreement. Some did though support the fact they thought this was 'okay', In fact though the real situation was a bit worse. What the other owner suggested that on say every alternate 2 weeks, say mid-week Tuesday-Thursday, the pilot with the plane at that time would travel solo to the other field, pick up the other owner, and fly both pilots back to his own field, then the co-owner could then fly back solo to the other field. So at least 3 hours engine time assuming that there is no hindrances from work, weather etc, meaning the only way the plane can be moved from one location to the other is by a combination of trains buses and taxis by the pilot who wants it. Plus I have the added grievance of the the other pilot not wanting to pay any hangarage at the original home base, plus to add insult to injury, not wanting to sell his share, nor buy out mine. I am hoping once he thinks it through there may be a realisation that selling his share is the only reasonable way forward - especially as I won't be falling over myself to agree his requests. As a few rightly stated, one of us only needs to get unlucky with the weather during our 2 week slot, and 6 weeks will go by with hardly any flying. The good flying season will be past before we know it.

In summary I am going to give it a few weeks for him to find another plane to fly and sell his share - then I'll just have to tough it out - and travel 100 miles by road rail and taxi to pick up the plane whenever it's at the other base, and he'll have to do the same. I just hope he doesn't resort to mischief like disabling the plane when he thinks it's 'his' 2 weeks

Thanks again everyone for your valued input, and for the humorous chat comparing girlfriends and planes. Now to all you jokers out there, what do you make of this:- The plane is a 2003 near new one owner only 400 hours, and is a great pleasure to fly. The new girlfriend is a 1950's model with any amount of previous owners, countless hours on the clock, but a little bit of life and service still available.

Thanks again everyone