PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX or JQ, what wouldyou take?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2007, 12:49
The Kavorka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q4Y, SWH

Sounds like you were on the same cadet course together....

It does not cost JQ pilots anything to upgrade to command....(wrong again wit!!!!)

Jq pilots can fly 1000 hours a year....(wrong again wit!!!)

Most guys flying in my base around 6-7 hrs a day, and when I times that by 15 it equals 90+ (wrong again wit) Therefore earning an extra 1500-2500 a month for 10 months of the year...and guess that is around $100000

Rostered for 10 rdo's a month plus days free of duty, usually around 2-3, (see above!!!!)

You can say what you like about JQ pilots, most are very happy...home every night, great family life and guess what, I can pay my bills.

You compare JQ FO's to 74 FO's....it takes years at QF to get a spot on the 74 as an FO, so compare apples with apples...we are not QF pilots..
JQ is a LCC with lower cost base with lower wages across the board, in time pilots wages will rise along with the looming pilot shortage, and by then I'll be a Captain and you two will be still putting the Captain charts away whilst saying "what else can I do for you CAPTAIN!!!)

I knocked back at job at QF recently because I don't want to sit in the back seat for the next 5+ years..my choice, yes some QF SO's get paid more..but it's not always about that....I don't need a silver spoon in my mouth.

You two continually post absolute crap, you may have read the EBA, but by looking at your maths skills I don't need to ask how you came up with JQ pilots needing to pay for upgrades...

Maybe when Daddy paid for the Cadet course he should have enrolled you in extra maths and english lessons.....

Back to the subject, if people want to fly for JQ, QF, CX or VB, good on them.....Each job has it's good and bad points and people will choose what suits them...

Until you get your facts right don't bother slandering things you absolutley know nothing about.

I'm doing what I love to do and that's all that matters to me....