PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class One (reasonably urgent)
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2007, 10:44
u7d27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must admit there seems to be a lot of misinformation and needless worrying about the Class 1 medical amongst fellow students that Ive met, and on PPruNe.

I was reliably informed by fellow students that because I had depression on my medical records it was very unlikey that I would ever be given a Class 1 medical and from reading some posts on PPruNe they seemed to concur.

Anyway I spoke to the medical staff at Gatwick who couldnt have been more helpful, I got a letter explaining the situation that had previously happened in my life from my doctor for them. A week later I went for the medical and got it. When I was actually talking to one of the doctors, he like the nurses genuinely want people to get the Class 1 Medical and as long as you give them the relevant information regarding any previous problems you are more than likely going to get it.

I think in summary people get far to worried about the Class 1 medical, if your generally fit and healthy you will get it, and if you have any worries just call the staff at Gatwick and they will put your mind at rest.