PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Interviews en-mass!!!
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2007, 10:03
galdian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well with all the Captains leaving, the high (by real airline standards!) upgrade fail rate of 50%, the need to crew the new Jungle Jets (won't even start to ponder again the safety implications of a brand new Captain flying brand new type probably with a 300 hour brand new First Officer straight out of GA into some strips that wont be 3500m ILS equipped) as well as the EBA sweetner of VB crews being allowed across to international I reckon there's a very real probability of DEC's in the near future.

The shareholders and Mr Godfrey are not total idiots, at some stage the crap from Bull**** Castle as to why aircraft are not in the air earning money will be finally unacceptable and DEC's may be the only immediate fix possible.

I am happy to disagree with people but anyone who thinks there will be a deluge of applications from DEC pilots willing to crawl over broken glass to fly for VB for $170K Oz are delusional, further they have no idea of what's happening in the world of aviation and maybe should get out a bit more often. Taking some reality pills wouldn't hurt either!

Maybe when THEY rang HIM he just got his DEC "application and requirements" in early, I would further suggest that one of his 3 requirements may be negotiable.
Indeed with the delay of VB in responding I would not be surprised if his pay requirements have probably increased!!

Interesting times indeed!