PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX or JQ, what wouldyou take?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2007, 07:06
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
The Kavorka,

I did check my facts with the copy of the Jetstar agreement held at the AFAP, hence I posted $82,116 p.a.. Can I remind you that you claimed "Most JQ FO's are making $100000 a year with as many as 16 days off a month...FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!", which one is correct ?

I might add, the CX FO rate for a guy in Australia is almost equivilant to the narrow body captains wage a Jetstar, Jetstar FOs are basically getting paid 60% of what a Cathay FO earns.

The Jetstar certified agreement does not give pilots 16 days off a month as you claim.

You cannot do 90hrs a month every calendar month, give a hint why, 90x12 = 1080 hrs...(hence what are the 7, 28, and 365 days rolling CASA limits ???) the best you can sustain in terms if "extra flying allowance" is 50 hrs in a rolling 12 month average of SCHEDULE time, and since you don’t get credit for flying less than schedule time, and any time over schedule time gets taken out of your 900 a year... you have a VERY limited scope ($4,830.50 is the yearly maximum on a sustained basis).

The "extra flying allowance" is currently annual salary/850, refer to 27.3.2 of your certified agreement, which is $96.61 per SCHEDULE hour (not time flown, a couple of holds, and long taxis a month you end up working for free), Can I remind you that you claimed "$100 per hour after 75 hours", which one is correct ?

You also failed to take into account the initial training of $33,000 which you have to pay, nor the command upgrade cost of $15,000, both of which are part of your certified agreement.

"I think you can do the maths from there...."

Umm, I did my reading and maths a some time ago...that I why I work for a company that does not bond me, I don’t have to pay for endorsements, I get paid based up the greater of schedule or actual, I get more time off than you, on a bad day I have to do more than one sector, pay less tax, have better staff benefits, decent crew meals and drinks, uniforms cleaned and ironed, a retirement fund that gets 25% of my salary in terms of contributions, full medical coverage worldwide, and F, J, and Y travel anywhere in the world.

I know which lifestyle is be sustained long term, and its not the life of a low cost airline pilot....

If this is how good your maths skills are, you could not calculate a descent profile to save yourself.

"Next time get your facts right!!!!!"

Unless the agreement held at the AFAP is incorrect and not current, I think that comment is a case of "hello pot I am kettle"...how long have you been with J* ?

Are you the Jetstar captain with just 500 hrs on a Partenavia and SFA total time telling the experienced FOs (you know the ones I mean, they had significant command time on jets prior to J*) how to do maths ??...some of the stories of that bloke are being laughed at bars all over the world....absolute tosser ...