PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2007, 21:51
Vic154

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stage One rejection

I just heard today that haven't made it past the first stage and I, like many others I'm sure, am absolutely gutted. Now I have to wait a whole year.
I felt every part of the test went ok, and feel that I let myself down on the personality questionnaire as I analysed the questions too much when I should have just answered with my gut feeling.

Do you think that it's likely that I could have done well on the aptitude and motivation tests but been booted because of the personality questionnaire? I felt there was such a fine line between some of the questions, and I didn't want to give the "obvious answer". Big mistake I now know.

NATS don't give any feedback which we all know is really frustrating so I was wondering what other people who passed or failed thought of stage one, and how well they think they did. Maybe if someone who passed did something I didn't then that would be the feedback I need.

Also did people find they answered most of the questions, if time was running out did people guess? I was advised by friends who work at NATS beforehand not to do this, but to only answer the questions if you were fairly sure they were correct as the test is predominantly marked on accuracy. Therefore there were a lot of unanswered questions - I'm not sure now whether I should have done this and perhaps I should have just guessed the ones I skipped.

Apologies for the long post but it would be great to get an idea of how other people approached the tests and what they thought of them. To be exact on the Numerical test (matching the correct number) I answered 30 questions in section A and 31 in section B, on the diagramatic tests I answer 33 questions, and was confident in the accuracy of all of these.

Aaahh I just think I'd feel a lot better if I know where i went wrong!

Thanks everyone! Best of luck to all who have made it through.

Roll on 2008.......