PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Pilots Salaries
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2007, 21:45
NLJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Salaries

The response to my request for salary information was dissapointingly small, but as a few of you are keen to know what I have found out I'll post it anyway and see what response it generates.

OFFSHORE
1st Officer : £40,000 - £50,000
Captain: £67,000 - £85,000

CORPORATE/PUBLIC TRANSPORT
£62,000 - £85,000

AIR AMBULANCE
£45,000 - £60,000

POLICE
£42,000 - £62,000

In addition to the figures above, company cars, healthcare, pensions, Loss of Licence cover and allowances need to taken into account.

I doubt there are any surprises with the figures above. Obviously pocession of an IR will yield higher earnings but as Police flying does not require one, we are already at a disadvantage with regard earnings ability. It should be noted that the average for a police pilot is only early to mid 40's. The highest figure quoted is the exception and I am reliably informed is being paid to line pilots at a unit in the SE.

Pilots belong to a profession that is more highly scrutinised and routinely checked upon, OPC/LPC, medicals, maintenance approvals etc etc, than any other profession that comes to mind. Police pilots operate routinely at all hours of the day and night, don't have the benefit of a co-pilot to share the aviation oriented workload and frequently have to work like one armed paper hangers when dealing with rapidly changing situations on the ground. I know from the PMs I did receive that there is a feeling of being undervalued, and I think it's proven by the poor response to vacancies that recently became available at Lancashire and North Wales.

NLJ.

Last edited by NLJ; 9th Jun 2007 at 00:06.