PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SFO raids four premises in BAE contracts probe
Old 8th Jun 2007, 19:36
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Treacherous ?

Well if it's me you're on about I don't think I've exactly let slip a huge secret, as the bad guys worked out long ago to park AAA units near runways - one of the reasons JP233 was dumped, I was told by a Tornado avionics chap, the Geneva convention stuff being a nice excuse !

I would think it treasonous to supply less than the best kit we possibly can to the people in the front line - Test Pilots used to think that way - whether it's SA80's ( understand it's a lot better now ) or Tornado's.

I have misgivings about the Harrier's kit too, but I would happily join the men & women in the front of anywhere, with either a camera ( experienced with ) or a gun - not trained for but I don't mind being a target - have no family to support unlike most of the poor sods & soddeses ( ? !).

I'm 45, but indeed still suffer the teenage angst you mention, mainly aimed at bean counters in BAe.

Go on, I'm kicking my heels at the moment playing with yachts, call my bluff & send me to the sandpits !