PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Education: What A Levels and Degree (if any)?!(Apr '09)
Old 8th Jun 2007, 03:59
dream747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aviation degrees?

Hi Scroggs and everybody,

So far in the thread I've picked up invaluable pointers and advice for doing a degree in what you really like and not just for the sake of it. And then maybe it could get you a job to fund for your flying training afterwards. But what if flying and aviation related operations are what I'm all only interested in, and it's all about what I want to do in life? Would the aviation degree be worth doing? From your experience, can this degree land you any other reasonably paid jobs in the aviation industry (flight planner, dispatcher.. etc?) in the unfortunate event if the flying plan doesn't work out?

As I know myself I think I'm not mature enough as an individual and academically to go straight out and learn to fly immediately and apply to airlines.. etc. I believe going to University will help me mature to learn how to be independent and aviation's all what I'm really interested in and like but I'm just wondering about the prospects of such a degree? As people have told me this degree is not one to have as a fall back as one basically can do nothing with it as half of the degree credits come from the flying training and the PPL-ATPL groundschool studies.