PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SFO raids four premises in BAE contracts probe
Old 7th Jun 2007, 11:14
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
British aircraft

I agree totally with the remarks that BAe management couldn't organise a c*** up in a brothel - and the only reason Wart On is still going is because they stole the Hawk production line from Dunsfold.

Yes, I'm going to mention the Sea Harrier - the last British fighter.

The world would have been a better place if the whippet-botherers had got the push, and Dunsfold carried on ( BTW I left before it closed, as I couldn't believe what passed for BAe 'management' in the later years).

This in hindsight will make the cancellation of the TSR2 seem nothing.

It's hardly surprising they had to pay mega-bucks to get someone daft enough to buy the Tornado - have you heard the reports from GW1&2 especially concerning Saudi practices & the RAF distancing themselves with all haste ?!! Not that their own results were too wonderful...

As for a post I read the other day asking why a GR1 Tornado with JP233 hadn't been organised to attack Port Stanley in '82, two answers - how many tankers would that have been, 'Black Buck' was considered on the edge !

Also I worked at ranges where JP233 was tried - it did virtually no damage & was regarded a total lemon, it's only value was the deterrent effect of delayed action.