PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabair airline entry scheme
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2007, 10:49
alex111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...scabair.

Price: around 45-50k

Job prospects: they may reccomend you to flybe, that is the ONLY airline they work closely with as far as cabair cranfield goes (they may also reccomend you to BA). And then again, they don't reccomend everyone and keep in mind that intructors also get reccomended for flybe. Apart that you'll get presentations of companies such as alteon\mytravel offering for a good 30k a TR with a part time contract at the end of it.

As far as the course goes, it's nothing more than an Integrated course with some sort of jet orientation course at the end on a very unrealistic (both in the flight model & in the cockpit intrumentation) jet simulator that also becomes turboprop by changing the control module. The name "Direct Ailrine Entry" is just a fancy name used for advertsising purposes.
As far as my experience goes with cabair, I would not reccomend it to anyone. Lots lots of unacceptable situations where students just stay quiet in fear that standing up to the incompetence of management may refrain them from getting a reccomendation.
If you want some examples PM me, I have lots. Luckily I've managed to find myself a job, but If I could go back I would consider spending the extra money to go to places like CTC (where u're very likely to be placed with a job) or OXFORD (where apart the higher standard, u get to do an MCC on a full motion 737 sim which is very helpful for sim assessments) or if you don't want to spend the extra money go modular to place such as STAPLEFORD.

Alex.