PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIPA to represent ALL Qantas Group Pilots
Old 7th Jun 2007, 09:57
Avid Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Invitation to all Qantas Subsidiary Pilots

Many Qantas Group pilots have heard that the AIPA was awarded constitutional coverage of all Australian based Qantas Group pilots by Senior Deputy President (SDP) Kaufman of the Australian Industrial Relations Commission (AIRC) in Melbourne on May 23rd 2007.
They may not yet be aware that yesterday, both the AFAP and Qantas filed an Appeal to the AIRC Full Bench seeking to have SDP Kaufman’s decision overturned.
Nonetheless AIPA is entitled to rely on the decision of Senior Deputy President Kaufman and given that supporting legal opinion from now Justice Stephen Rothman AM also supports AIPA’s ability to enrol QantasLink & Jetstar members, AIPA believes that the there is little chance that Kaufman’s decision will be overturned.
To assist Qantas Jetstar and QantasLink pilots better understand the reasoning behind:
Kaufman’s coverage decision,
How AIPA is reorganising to accommodate Qantas Jetstar and Qantaslink Members, and
What AIPA’s Professional Standards Campaign is expected to mean for all Qantas Group Pilots.
I hereby extend to all Qantas Group subsidiary pilots an invitation to attend an Information Session at the AIPA office at Suite 601, Level 6, 243-249 Coward Street, Mascot at 11:00am on Friday 22 June, 2007. Speaking at the meeting will be myself and Peter Sommerville (AIPA’s General Manager)
After a short presentation covering the above, Peter and I and members of the AIPA Committee of Management will be happy to take questions from all present on any AIPA related issues, including but not limited to:
AIPA's proposed Rules change,
Common conditions for all Qantas Group Pilots,
More opportunities for career progression, and
An economic stake for pilots in the industry.
To assist with the provision of a light lunch after the meeting, those planning to attend are requested to notify Ms Kim Elliott at AIPA office on 02 8273-7777 or email her at: [email protected]
Please rest assured that the above event is not a “political rally” and I welcome the participation and presence of all AFAP and Qantas Company Council pilots. At the heart of my endeavours is my genuine desire to see AIPA do what it can to help unify Australian flight crew representation ASAP.
Posted by Ian Woods on another forum, 7th June 2007.