PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - XL / Atlanta / Travel City Engine Failure at Sanford, Orlando
Old 7th Jun 2007, 05:23
abra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ganbare
Your experience with the cracked blade must have been at least 18 months or more ago.Since then all the 767s and 757s previously operated by AAI have been G-reg and have been looked after by Monarch engineers and more recently by XL's own(most of whom are ex-BA).
2Bad2Sad
I worked for AAI and was never ever told I wasn't allowed to declare an emergency after an engine fire/failure.Only a burk would listen to such advice anyway.Tech log entries,even now,are done with common sense.Minor things are left till the aircraft arrives back at home base,but then most charter airlines do that.Any doubts about problems down route would require a phone call to maintenace.
AAI's 'mechanics' were of a wider mix of ability and background than most airlines,some were excellent..some were hardly fit to call themselves 'spanners'.Their pilots shared the same wide mix of ability too..some were aces,some shouldn't have been allowed near a flightdeck.Considering the 'armpit' places we were sent to,I will always remember flying for them as great fun.
But 2Bad2Sad's posting makes for a good story.