PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIVERPOOL - 2
Thread: LIVERPOOL - 2
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2007, 02:05
Barnstorm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liverpool security

Not trying to be alarmist or anything, but I flew from Liverpool to Aldergrove the other day and went through security with horror of horrors......a small bottle of lemonade still in my bag. I had bought it in the airport Boots and intended to drink it before going through departure but forgot.
Sure enough the the red 'search' light illuminated on the other side and I knew straight away that the lemonade had 'fessed up.
The fella on the monitor looked around for someone to rummage amongst my drawers. Seeing that they were all on the far side dealing with people on the adjacent machine, he got up, went straight to the side pocket of my bag and removed the bottle of lemonade. Even though I was now sans lemoade and slighly demur after the stern look of admonishment from the security chap, I felt, that even if it was (in my opinion) a ridiculous rule, at least the guys there were doing their jobs.
The rub is that when I got to my hotel the other side, I found the two hefty metal forks in the front pocket, there from a trip to the beach a fortnight ago.

Idiots !!!