PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Travel to the USA
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2007, 00:38
onion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi thanks for the help. Went to the states on a round trip entering at O' Hare and exitng via Seatac. I didn't have any problems entering even though I had no address for my stay in Chicago, just a phone number, immigration stamped the passport asked purpose of the stay (family and holiday) and were very pleasent. My girlfriend on the other hand had problems, she was sent to another immigraton offical. Her immigration offical was very rude to her even though she explained that we had no address just a phone number for my relatives. We were told while in the queue a phone number was sufficent. Anyway the immigration offical started getting angry and being very rude toward my girlfriend. She then asked to see her flight details and saw that we were spending time in Seattle. She then asked for the hotel information for our stay in Seattle, this caused even more problems as I was the only one of the two of us that had a full set of details, she wouldn't accept the name of the hotel with booking reference number etc. This meant that I had to be recalled back into the immigration area (I had already passed into baggage reclaim) to provide the full details, which i duly did while being stared at and scrutinised as if I were a criminal. On exiting baggage reclaim had one final check where was asked again for where we were staying and said with relatives which again was sufficent.
The flights from Chicago to Seattle and the flight home from Seattle were no problem and at no stage did we have a problem.
All in all the immigration staff were helpful and polite, it just a shame one or two have to spoil it. Ok I know its there job but they have to remember we have just been on a 7 hour flight and are then made to queue up for 30 minutes only to be treated in a rude manner.
Anyway thanks everyone for the info and advice, just thought I'd share my experience!