PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tanker PFI announced...after many years.
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2007, 21:07
BEagle

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
AdLib, I've been working my nuts off this week on the world's only in-service 21st Century tanker, the A310MRTT, thanks very much.

We've literally just completed the first phase of System Acceptance Testing of the upgraded Mission Computer System. Which does the planning and management of AAR missions and is operated by the Air Refuelling Operator; MCS workload is low and the next phase is to include trail planning and management, already under development. A bit like an automatic AARC. But none of that primitive RAPs nonsense - this is much more gucci. Neither does it get drunk down route, have 'blonde moments' or dent hire cars etc.

I've no idea what's intended for the A330K, but I guarantee that the crews will like it if the requirements of the AAR role are taken fully into account by the manufacturer. Personally I canot see the A330K ARO position being filled by people without considerable navigation experience; the GAF/CF have certainly accepted this for their A310MRTT and CC-150T AROs. Ex-Tornado navigators, perhaps?

14 nice new jets . But no probes.....