PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sponsorship programmes?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2007, 16:34
YYZ_Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh my god!!
Sometimes I just need to jump in on these threads as they become rediculous!
I cannot believe "Dartagnan" wrote this:
I think the time of sponsorship is over and the only way to become a pilot, is to sponsor yourself.
just look at the websites selling tickets for 40-60 euros(or even 1 euro), if an airline start to sponsor wanabees, they are not going to be competitive.
i am a pilot, and the last job I have found was on the airbus320, I have to pay for my own training if I want fly the 320.
aviation has always been more and more expensive.regrettably it is a job for rich kids.
What a load of balony!!!
I did my training in Canada, instructed, converted and worked in the UK!
I never paid more than my initial training which came to $55,000CDN = 26,000GBP! I have type ratings and full ATPL. Never ever did I need to pay or hand out money! Now read my lips.....
" THE ONLY REASON AIRLINES ASK YOU TO PAY IS BECAUSE THERE ARE PEOPLE LIKE YOU WILLING TO PAY!"
If i applied to a company and they asked me to pay a new type rating, I would laugh and walk away....then some inexperienced, young, cocky, power hungry, shinny jet hard on, would pay 28,000GBP. For what to sit in a cockpit?!?! Ha! Good luck with your family life, because you will never afford one at that rate....
I am proud at all the young pilots applying to the schemes! And proud of companies providing these schemes!
Good work to all in schemes, and all the best for people appling....do it the right way.