PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie Businessmen set to sue Etihad
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2007, 16:25
Flying Spag Monster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oblaaspop, farely true statements but you don't have to flash the tackle to get the attention of the police on arrival. Lets say you have a few beers, get to imigration and get hassled about your visa, you are tired and get a bit theatrical.."is that alcohol I smell sir? come with me..." Or you collect your bags and your "Fragile" package is crushed and the other bags missing,you start complaining and off you go for an alcohol test, two days in the slammer. It doesn't take much, residents here know that, I don't drink and drive, it is to easy to be sitting at the lights and have some idiot hit you from behind. What will the police do when they smell the one beer on your breath.... in the slammer. We know this and adjust accordingly, its a fact of desert life, but the ice cream licking public arriving on vacation don't.

It is hypocricy as ANUS OZ says, but I guess I would rather live with hypocricy and be able to have a beer here than not at all. Unfortunately it is the punters that will get in a jam. Perhaps some industries and cultures will never make a perfect match.