PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie Businessmen set to sue Etihad
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2007, 15:37
Oblaaspop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never thought I'd agree with him, but ANUS Australia's LAST post was right!
For those that missed it, my post on the other thread that was closed (for no GOOD reason 4 HP!) stated the FACTS as given to me by a crew member on the said flight.
I agree that trying to prosecute these guys for drinking without a liquor permit was sheer stupidity, and they should have been done for the multitude of other offences comitted (no least waving ones knob in an FA's face - sorry to be crude!).
But I'll tell you what p1sses me off more than anything about this case, is the fact that these w*****s know full well what they did was bang out of order and that they are currently the luckiest gits on the planet (basically because likely a little 'Jingley' cocked up the urine samples and the hot shot lawyers got them out on a technicality), yet still they are allowing their low life scum of a lawyer to spout and spin this story to the Aussie gutter press and now they have the audacity to try and sue the airline.....
Lay low you bunch of thicko's, shut your traps and thank your lucky stars!
If you can't do that, I urge you, in fact I'll pay for it myself for you guys to go and fly on American carrier and behave the same way in US airspace....I promise you you'll not see the light of day for years!
As an aside, Mr Australia (as you keep going on about it), don't you think its strange how EK alone transports around 20 million people a year through the UAE, the vast majority of which would have had a drink on board (only 18% of EK's pax are Arab), yet this is the first time this subject has raised its ugly head?
Basically, don't worry yourself about the liquor permit issue. If you behave, don't swear at, threaten or wave your wedding tackle at the crew, then you have absolutely nothing to worry about and neither does anyone else.
Remember, its illegal to be drunk in an aircraft under international law, regardless of country and origin of the carrier, and you can be arrested and prosecuted as such!