PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2007, 12:59
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eidah
Originally Posted by slip and turn
Let's not fool ourselves ... lower cost operations can so easily translatedirectly to higher risk of employing dross
I think that this is a bit presumptious lower cost operations are no different from any other company they all use outside companies i.e in STN there is servisair and swissport as there handling agents and I think you will find that also in Heathrow both servisair and swissport are both working there ...
The latter angle is exactly what I meant. Servisair and Swissport are lower cost operations, are they not? They were formed or reformed as lower cost outfits in response to pressures exerted by lower cost aircraft operators (which surely is more or less all aircraft operators thesedays?).

Interesting they seem only to have pinned something on one individual. I doubt there was sufficient record-keeping to pin bags or flights to individual handlers ...

Is it still true that they are more or less directed casually to where bags happen to need moving from one moment to the next? Who supervises who in the hold? Are there places airside but off-camera where stolen items could be stored until heat is off?

I heard have heard of habitually displaced toilet ceiling tiles in the past ... even heard a 'joking' story of a baggage handler seen returning airside with a bag across his shoulders: "Where do you think you are going with that?" "Dunno, I was sitting on the toilet and it fell on me!"