PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in Spain - Aerodynamics Malaga
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2007, 12:16
Captain Punishment

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys, without actually copying and pasting the whole email that I sent, I just fed you a brief gist of what my plans were. I have my own aircraft so don't hire much. It is in for a star annual around the timer I go, plus I'm only there for 3 days and if I flew her there by the time I got there it'd be time to come back again.

I have copied the email sent to them below, as you can see I had already done all that you suggest in terms of safety pilot and asking there advise on places to visit.

This trip was to be a 'relationship' forger for when I do my MR/IR and the possibility of using a club in Spain to base myself for some serious hour building in Europe and Africa.

Hi I am a British PPL with IMC / night rating and wish to hire an aircraft while I'm on holiday for a weekend in Puerto Banus between 21st and 24th June.

I would like hire a fly a Piper Warrior if possible, or a C172 on Friday 22n June and maybe fly to Morocco for lunch or anywhere to a nice airfield for lunch with some friends. I will be very open to suggestions for great places to go.

Do I need to be a member? What check will be involved if I fly on my own? I do see from your website that you supply safety pilots free of charge which may be a good idea for local knowledge etc and I'll do the flying.

How far away from Puerto Banus are you so I can plan travel arrangements etc?

Thank you for your time.