PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2007, 11:14
Da4orce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As someone directly affected by the loss of XV230 I thought the BBC did a pretty good job, that said there wasn't a great deal that I didn't already know and I'm not so naive to think that the general public care a great deal about a handful of fly-boys and an ancient jet. However I think the general public do care whether we as a country have armed forces that are equipped to protect us. If the programme did nothing but add to the growing evidence that our military is going down the pan then it has added to a very relevant debate.

I personally agree with those that say the questioning could have been stronger, but I think there will be a time for that after the BOI has reported.

What appears to be clear is that it was an accident waiting to happen and it would appear that with strong leadership from those in the RAF to put pressure on the MOD it could have been avoided.

The RAF bigwigs need to grow some balls and stand up for their service. Look at the Navy, whatever you think of them at least the First Sea Lord has the balls to say that this government is shafting his service.