PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL vs Microlight
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2007, 10:35
rustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Laichtown
When I was looking at schools a year ago I had a trial lesson in a Microlight and really enjoyed it, though thought I should do the JAR PPL as it was a higher qualification.

Now thinking of going back to the microlight. With 20 hours under my belt in a 172 would it take many more to get the microlight lisence?

Cheers,

Laichtown
Surely the driving factor in deciding which licence you want is what you want to do with it after you have it.

If you're content with VFR only (and no night flying) then do a licence that allows you that: It's cheaper.

If you think you might want to add ratings (IMC/IR/Multi/Night) do a licence that allows you to do that: It's more flexible.

If you can't afford to hire/buy/lease anything other than a microlight on completion of your training then do a licence that allows you to do that: It's sensible.

If you're not sure what you want to do, but you want to do something then (IMO) flexibility is more important than price [within reason].

If there are 3 pilots posting advice you'll get 4 opinions: You have to decide what you're doing it for

Last edited by rustle; 6th Jun 2007 at 11:25.