PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAConnect & Flybe
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2007, 09:46
oldflyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reflections...................

Been a while since I last posted on this thread, that I originally started as a way to perhaps ensure the merger of BACON into Flybe had a specific forum for cabin crew from both disciplines to air their views. I deliberately have not posted for some time, as I wanted to give the new airline a bit of a chance, but now feel it is time for another contribution.

I have to say from the outset that the majority of flybe crews are great folk, fun to be with in the crew room and that the new 'quiet' room is a great idea, given that we now seem to be living in a zoo with everyone mingling about in an auditorium atmosphere!

However that's about as good as it gets! "No nightstops" we were told before the buyout, well my roster is nothing but touring now, or standbys cleared. Crewing are a joke, they don't give a toss about the crews and seem to delight in pi**ing us off by adding extra sectors, when they are not totally cocking up and forgetting to cover trips!

The fleet support is not good, our PM's seem to spend all their time firefighting, apart from the solitary male who seems to do his own thing and swans around upsetting crew for fun. Humour? I think not! Sickness is high and no-one seems to give a toss if anyone chucks a sicky, and we are therefore short of crew on the Barbie Jet, which I understand will not improve as there are no plans to licence current dash/big embraer onto it.

Lots of ex BACON crew have left, and speaking in the crew room it looks like about 50 or so have been accepted into BA shorthaul and are awaiting course dates, so lots of expertese and experience will dissapear with them.

Ground handling is a joke, I can't believe the way Swissport talk to customers and we get little support from them. All the lovely ex BA ground staff left on Monday, so God knows what it's gonna be like in the future!!

As for me, I'm going to go with the others as soon as BA will have me. It's so very sad, we had a great base here, but Flybe does not do what it says on the tin!

Not sour grapes at all, I suppose I could stay and see if it improves, but I really don't believe this company has either the will or the expertese to improve. It will be nice to go somewhere with decent agreements, proper support and job satisfaction, even if it means a 100 mile commute each way!!

Best of luck to all who stay. I really hoped Fybe would be a good place to work, but I have seen nothing in the last few months to encourage me to stay.

I am sure I will get some " Well go then if you can't stand the heat" type messages, but really guys, do you honestly think Flybe want to get any better and treat their passengers and crew with repsect? I don't see any evidence of it.

Sad, so Sad!