PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie Businessmen set to sue Etihad
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2007, 09:22
Sinbad1

Devil Hotel drinking

Dear AirNoServicesAustralia,

G' Day, I also used to live in the UAE and believe me I am in total agreement with you. As far as the Moroccan girls goes I like them very much. I have flown with them many times and find them to be very pleasant and polite (Mustafa Rex may have another opinion but that's another matter). Every person is entitled to his own opinion. In fact most of the cabin crew at EY are really nice but unfortunately the lack of training and experience shows. Also with your point about arresting people for drinking alcohol on board a flight over international waters, I was referring to your comment to the moderator asking him for advice. I was merely responding that there is better advice available than from the moderator. However, the point you made is quite correct and I couldn't agree with you more. If an airline serves alcohol then they have no right to then arrest people for drinking it.

As for the law in the UAE with regards to people drinking in the hotels, yes you are absolutely correct. You can drink as much as you like but don't get caught on the road drunk, and this is hypocrisy in the law is what really kills me. Believe me I was earning a substantial amount of money but eventually I came to the decision where money verses life style and then I left the region. By the way, alcohol was not the reason for my leaving the UAE.

A lot of people think this is a tax free haven - think again and look around how much you are paying in various fees, the way they increase rent on a whim, etc. The place is rip off. They also treat many in a very inhumane way.
With regards to the Aussi guys, I think EY shot themselves in the foot. I agree bad behaviour is ugly but I think EY needs to revise its procedure and introduce new training in how to handle such matters. I think the airline has tremendous potential with almost a brand new fleet, very good flight crew and still learning cabin crew but let's not forget they are still a very young airline.
Safe and happy flying to all