PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie Businessmen set to sue Etihad
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2007, 08:13
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sinbad I am a resident of the UAE and also in my profession I have to watch what I take drug wise, and I have a liquor license. I think this thread is of more benefit to people looking to travel through the Gulf, and what needs to be discussed here is not what happened or did not happen on the flight behaviour wise, as if they behaved badly then charge them with that but why cloud that with arresting Australian citizens for drinking alcohol provided by the airline over international waters.

Also it seems some have an axe to grind against Etihad, eg. talking about Moroccans etc. That isn't the issue here, and just makes it more likely that this thread, which I think is relevant, could be binned by the moderator like last time.

People will get drunk on flights or before flights. Now loutish, dangerous drunken behaviour will of course not be tolerated, but will being quietly intoxicated without causing anyone else trouble get you arrested on arrival into Abu Dhabi, even when you are just transitting through to Europe? If so passengers need to be specifically warned of the fact when booking a ticket with Etihad, along with what drugs they must not take "X" number of days before flying. Maybe they should put a breathaliser on the drinks trolley and when you blow over the limit they will have to give you a warm glass of milk instead.