PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where does this leave Professional Pilots ??
Old 21st Dec 2001, 16:34
PowerRanger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

It is amazing to me just how many people are lining up to have a pop at me for daring to assert that Hart was solely and totally responsible for the deaths of 10 men.

Yes, of course had there been a crash barrier there this would never have happened. But this misses the point entirely.

There was no barrier. Hart fell asleep. Hart killed 10 men.

His falling asleep was no mere unfortunate medical condition. It happened because he chose not to sleep during the previous night.

He made all his own choices and now he must deal with the resulting consequences.

I say again - PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

It is not my intent to offend anybody here I promise. And I am sorry if I sounded a little rabid in earlier postings.

But I will never be silenced from making observations on a subject that has the potential to affect us all. Budvar take note.

Your question concerning driving home very tired is a monumental own-goal.

If you choose to do something knowing that you are not fully competent to do it then damn right you're irresponsible.

How could you possibly think anything different??

As for not commenting on professionalism. Sorry, old boy. It will be a cold day in hell before you gag me.

I have no doubt that 99% of all pilots are extremely professional. They do a difficult job well in the vast majority of cases.

But if you think you can whitewash the antics a few bad apples because the majority are of the required standard or better then I have serious concerns about you.

I pray I never fly on your aircraft.

Finally, to all you who choose to insult me. Carry on if you wish. All you do is undermine your own professionalism.

And to you amateur psychologists - no, I'm not a traffic policeman or a traffic warden or any other uniformed jobs-worth. Sorry boys. And neither am I a short-arse.

I am 6'1", mid-thirties, incredibly fit and very good looking!

I also work in aviation and can fly.

Keep guessing.

[ 21 December 2001: Message edited by: PowerRanger ]</p>