PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PVR but no Reserve Service???
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2007, 07:03
Al Falauncher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks all, and a further warning to leavers...

Thanks everyone, good advice all round!
But, I hate politicians (one reason I'm emigrating), drugs are for those who can't cope with alcohol and I'll be buggered if I come out of the closet.
"Not Long Here," I believe I know you - sounds very like an email I received privately! Following that line of enquiry, I finally got hold of someone in PSF with some experience and he says a copy of my job offer (from RAAF) with my PVR and a cover letter to explain should relieve me of the reserve commitment under the heading of "transfer to another service" (QR607(10)). The PVR form itself does not allow this option, hence the other paperwork.
Back to the PSF staff, our current Discharge Clerk (at a secret heavy aircraft base in North Scotland) is an LAC - less than a year out of training, what the does she know about anything? Not her fault, but you need someone old and wise to deal with.
And the punchline; initial enquiries at PSF lead to me being told my NCA FRI would be need to be paid back by the time I leave - no problem, sell house, pay debts. Absolute Botox!!! As I discovered yesterday, A PVR WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNTIL IT IS REPAID IN FULL (JSP754v4 Ch7 07.0208). One door opens, another one closes...
Thanks again everyone, maybe see you in Oz sometime