PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2007, 22:46
Samya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smania,

I had the same feelings when I attended an OD. Why (one inevitably asks herself) do they ask you explicitly in your invitation to wear a skirt suit if, at the end of the day the person who did not even bother to dress up properly (girl in a funny blouse and jeans) gets in? Just make it a casual event (and call it Emirates recruitment video screening) and we'll all tag along in our playground clothes...or some of us will just be able to decide in advance that it is not worth the time/money to attend.

As a person strongly against all forms of pollution, I am also shocked that they actually make all the people print out all that stuff, when a lot of us actually apply online and with a computer and application ref. no. they could just check all the data they need (which they, by the way, do not do...).

I have also pondered on the strategic placement of the English test...by the time the group discussion was over I could tell who spoke English and who didn't. I did not need an English test to assess that XYZ (a lovely person otherwise) made six grammatical errors in a single sentence. No offence intended, but my observation is (and I have gathered a great deal of experience by now), that if you speak an excellent English you already start with a handicap.

Nevertheless, I want to fly, and no one will stop me.

Good luck to all those waiting, and "kopf hoch" to those who did not meet the Emirates criteria (whatever the criteria might be...)

Samya

Last edited by Samya; 6th Jun 2007 at 07:36.