PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SA Flying schools and Jobs in Nam/Bots
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2007, 21:39
fluffyfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
freewheeler
Hi, is that a SA CAA licence or a UK CAA licence? if its a UK one I would suggest you renew that licence first then when you come over here you can validate your Uk licence for a SA licence for a limited time, I am not sure if this is how things still work but it used to work like that, maybe check out the SA CAA web site I am sure it will help you www.caa.co.za
Next thing is that there are many flying schools over here in most of the cities and towns, shop around, but Johannesburg/Pretoria might be your best bet for what you are suggesting, the airfields where flying schools are established in Johannesburg/Pretoria are Lanseria, Grand Central, Rand Airport and Wonderboom, there are a few others but I have only mentioned the big ones.
You have not flown for 7 years so I would go to one of these flying schools and do a proper course, learn the airspace, most of these schools have a hire and fly facility so maybe do a conversion onto the aircraft you intend hiring, then start looking where you want to go, many destination you could go to, maybe decide that when you are here and have spoken to the flying school...........good luck and hope it works out for you