PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 4
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2007, 19:58
DTVAirport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is no real purpose to this, but I thought it might make the discussion easier, rather than having to look back through the thread. Basically, I've listed below all of MME's problems, beginning with the worst:

1) Management
2) Peel; little or no money spent. as well as an apparent lack of interest
3) Possible termination of the LHR route
4) ATC closures
5) 05 glideslope
6) Imminent TOM pull-out
7) Lack of winter routes from GSM
8) Road Signs

Feel free to add anymore to the above. I've colour coded them, with red being the most serious and yellow the least, below are explanations, from my personal point of view, of the above problems.

1) Don't seem to know what they're doing, in fact, Del Boy could do a better job.
2) Not even God knows what there long term plans for MME are.
3) Not many airports our size can boast an LHR route, if bmi used some common sense, it could once more be a real jem for us.
4) Could easily be sorted, if management was willing to bring the pay inline with other airports, problem here is, it might take a strike and action from SRG first.
5) Sounds like this problem is in the process of being sorted, but it's appauling that management enquired about removing it completely.
6) This seems bound to happen, but I think we could easily replace them, XL are rumoured to be one step short of unhappy at NCL, and who knows what the two big mergers might bring.
7) Again, this one isn't too much of a problem, they seem to release their routes for all their base operations in two parts, we could still get a second aircraft.
8) Road signs have started to be changed, the main problem here is Network Rail and putting the old name on the new signs on the airport station

On a separate, and much happier note, Eastern have signed an agreement with Bombardier for the purchase of an undisclosed number of Dash 8-Q300s, rumoured to be coming from Flybe; rumour is our ABZ route will be one of the first to be upgraded.

Regards.