PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyglobespan - 5
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2007, 18:44
Exasperated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GSM Scot - I must take issue with you on AGP punctuality - how many times this year has 474 been on time back in Edinburgh ? Very few I bet .
You asked the question so here is the answer.

Using the data on the usually reliable egph.co.uk I have extracted the GSM arrival stats.

So for GSM474 the on time performance is 52% with 13 out of 25 on time in May (on time being defined as early or within 15 minutes of scheduled arrival time taken from the GSM website). The GSM472 Malaga timekeeping is excellent with 90.32% on time so probably not as bad as you think but not as good as GSM Scot claims.

However overall timekeeping is not acceptable at 64.91% (with 86.40% within an hour) but not disastrous and way down on the 76.4%. At EDI GSM aircraft typically operate two rotations a day with the problems relate to the pm departures and this is relatively common for this type of operation to "bucket and spade" destinations.

The figures are broadly in line with the 2006 stats for First Choice (66.7% on time) and XL Airways (63.3%), however we will have to wait and see how the full summer pans out.

Apologies for any errors in calculations but I think these are all accurate.

Ex