PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Combined Asthma, peak flow, and spirometry thread
Old 5th Jun 2007, 17:15
Blind_Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Class 1 Medical, asthma and tachycardia

Hi everyone! This is my first thread here, I hope it won't lead to a depressing result...

I've got an appointment for a JAR Class 1 Initial in 10 days exactly, and I was wondering if anyone could answer the two questions that haunt me when I think about this thing. I've read all there is to read on the JAR web site, and read a lot of stuff here, but I'm not sure what to think of all of it. That's why I'm asking directly.

1- I suffer from mild asthma. I'm allergic to cats and feathers, and don't have an outstanding lung capacity while making physical efforts. If I'm very tired I'll have very mild problems breathing, that will immeadietly dissapear with a small intake of Ventolin. I'm now nearly 23, and my last attack that lead me to the hospital (in fact the last one at all) happened when I was 7, so 16 years ago. Will this end up being a problem?

2- My heart will, from time to time, go nuts, pounding like a madman for about 1 minute and this will make me feel a bit weak. I've been diagnosed with mild tachycardia, and this will only happen if I'm very tired AND very hot AND very stressed. It's happened about 4 or 5 times in the past 3 years. Will the doctors see this on the day of the medical, and will it end up being a problem?

Other than that, I'm in pretty good form, my eye sight is perfect and my hearing also. I'm 1m89 and weigh about 75 Kgs...

Thanks in advance for any answers, any, as long as you think it may help