PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2007, 13:16
Smania

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, I just wanted to share my experience with you regarding OD in Zagreb, Croatia. There were around 50 of us and I was surprised how many guys were there. Because there was not so many people they immediately made it to assesm.day. First of all I would like to agree with the long post before. My two ladies (from Ireland and England) were artificial, when you would aproach them to hand the CV they were so cold. The only contact with them was when we came to one of them, tried to reach 212cm, and they asked 2 questions e.g. What are you currently working, Why did you apply for CC. Then they've put us in groups and we did group discussion (invite 8 people to dinner and explain why). Reading this forum before I did not want to act pushy so I did not reached for paper and pen on the floor, a guy did (and passed). I was polite, my english is as if I was born in U.S.A., I was moderate, wasn't the loudest and wasn't quiet. I have to notice that all guys got in exept 2, maybe they were looking for male CC this time. Another thing, there were girls with loose hair, in jeans, one was even in yellow drees with dots and passed! So my wearing suit and skirt and stocking on 30C was stupid
The whole process really doesn't have any meaning because they should first look at the CV and thoroughly (and only the ones send on e-mail) on their way to that country, and then to check medical results (I mean somebody passes final and then realize they have scoliosis (was one post), couldn't pass eye test or whatever), then they should immediately run English test and then at the end group discussions. Also the psychological effect after watching videos and talking about living in Dubai and then receiving the rejection letter is devastating. Especially without feedback.
It is dissapointing that you should depend on whether one of the recruit. likes you or not, more over because lot of people come a long way. So at the end all the advices on this Forum did not help me, although it is good to read them.
Hope you all have better luck!