PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie Businessmen On Trial for getting Drunk on Etihad Flight.
Old 5th Jun 2007, 12:22
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok just to clear a few things up. Oasis of the River, read my posts again, as I never said EY locked these people up. In fact I never said anything bad about EY, I just said that in the West rather than calling the police, in most of these cases airlines offload the passengers and ban them from flying again with the carrier. The reason I see this as bad PR for the airline is the charging of the men for drinking without a license, which will scare a lot of people off flying with this carrier. And I find this whole argument that the government did this not the airline as laughable. I mean come on do you actually live in the UAE, do you really think that the government and Etihad Airways are mutually exclusive entities
Oblaaspop just a point about your post. They were told by the captain twice to stop drinking which they ignored???? Sorry mate sounds like crap to me. If people are drunk then you stop serving them, you take the alcohol off them, you don't just ask nicely for them to stop drinking, twice, and keep serving them booze. Maybe you should tell your close friend that next time the incident could have been handled differently
I said earlier that if they acted in the way they were supposed to have, then throw the book at them for their behaviour, but not just for drinking. But while the justice system is punishing people for exposing themselves, maybe they could do a better job of punishing their own for gang rape and wife beating and murder.
P.S Interesting to note that the leading English newspaper here in the UAE, the Gulf News hasn't touched this story. So much for a free press.

Last edited by AirNoServicesAustralia; 5th Jun 2007 at 12:33.