PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are my RIGHTS going through security?
Old 5th Jun 2007, 11:49
Vortex what...ouch!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Given up anyway

I recently had the miss fortune to take a few flights around Europe for business and holiday after not having flown for a while.

Security is a joke and purely an inconvenience to pax. I figure it is now more hassle to fly than to drive or take the train within western Europe and will be doing so in future. Long haul I don't have a lot of choice but short haul, forget it.

I was due to fly to Spain for a week off in 2 weeks but after the recent experience bugger that. I cancelled the flights and we decided to drive down through Germany to Austria instead. Who would fly these days if you had another choice, not me any more I can tell you.

Including travel to and from the airport for a one hour flight it is now taking about 5 to six hours each way – that’s half a working day just traveling and its incredibly stressful now! I suspect I’m not the only one discovering the joys of train travel again.

Idiots are biting the hand that feeds it all in the belief the paying customer will continue to just blindly hand over money and take the abuse. Well my company has now cancelled all business travel short haul because of the inordinate amount of time taken to get anywhere. Video conferencing all the way.