PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2007, 06:33
The Swinging Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What ever we thought of the Panorama programme last night (and I didn't think it was too bad for the BBC) the fact remains that until we have leaders who have the balls to stand up and say 'NO MORE' to the PM or Def Sec, then it will all have been a complete waste of time and effort.

If ever anyone looked 5hit-scared last night, it was Glenn Torpy. Some call it 'uncomfortable' but I know the CAS from years gone by, and he was embarrassed, scared and worried, believe me!

Glenn, those of us that know you, admire you as a leader and a great aviator, but the time has come Sir when you must stand up and be judged as a man. When the results of the BoI are announced, have the courage to stand up and say, in public, NO MORE. Please do that for the families and friends of CXX Crew3, and for the guys on the jet as well, please.

You will not only have the 100% support of the British Public, and every serviceman and woman in the UK Armed Forces, but you will be remembered for ever as a true leader of this sad, sorry and pathetic Air Force, and the man who said 'No More'

TD. I doubt if you or the other families took much comfort from last night, but if nothing else it brought it back into the public spotlight, where it deserves to be and stay, until you get the answers you seek. I hope your wait is over soon Sir.

TSM