PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Free hours"
Thread: "Free hours"
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2007, 13:29
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SD.
It’s a very valid subject which needs airing from time to time, and I thank shy torque for his compliment, much appreciated.

Many get to learn how to hovver and prevent bovver with things rotary from very inexperienced people with regards to the ways of the commercial world and its inherent nasties.

But in nearly all schools there should be a crusty old salt that students can turn to whom we all might hope goes that extra yard, outside the curriculum, to give pointers as to how to safegaurd their professional conduct in later life. Industrial Relations is such an important issue these days.

I don’t mean to offend those who suggest ‘go ahead lap it up’, as they all qualify that with a 'check your insurance etc.' but students will still need pointers as to how they handle themselves professionally, and in polite manner quite apart from flying technique.

I surely would never get an argument on here against the idea that we regard our rotary professions as the best.

As a profession it does not need to be coupled to the oldest one at any time.

I believe that it is more a question for the operators who look for the cheap pilot rather than the pilot that is looking to freeload hours.

Perhaps the question could also be posed to some of the crusty old engineering salts for their opinions?
Cheers tet