PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UGSAS reunion
Thread: UGSAS reunion
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2007, 08:50
betty swallox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just so you know.....I taught at UGSAS from 2001 - 2005. One town night I spied a V tatty Geschneider behind the bar...so the Boss and I felt it appropriate to re-instate it!!! Much to the studes annoyance!
I soooo remember back in the Eighties, getting to the bar, and $hitting myself about getting the G-word....yes, I did get it a fair few times.
And seeing the wee faces almost 20 years later, when I was giving it out, was a joy!
The funniest one was a stude who turned right, instead of left at Kinloss, and ended up on the grass. Me, as duty Qfi-drinking-tea-in-the-tower, and trying not to chat up the controller (lady, before you ask), had to leg it out with the BCU bearded bloke and push the mighty Tutor out the grass....bit of a no brainer about the G-word that night. No names etc, but said stude is doing well as aircrew in the RAF as we speak...can't have been all bad...
The forfeit still stands (I think) that once presented, the offender had to keep it for 24 hours, and if "stolen" was re-presented that night. Much fun.
When I left UGSAS the Geschneider was in a very poor state...I think the then Sqn Ldr McRobbie had first presented it back in the seventies. So I felt it appropriate to present a new one at my leaving do...guess who got it that night??? I can still taste the Guinness/tomato juice/angustura/etc, etc....