PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Corsair FR security breach at BHX 2/6/07
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2007, 20:38
flyburg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I have no knowledge of the incident above , however I would like to share my experience about another incident at BHX.

I fly for a major european carrier. We have had several incidents lately where we have been fined for not exactly following the security rules at BHX. The incidents I'm refering to include the purser signing of the cabin check form, but not handing it off to the cockpit crew, before the cabin crew had reported "cabin security check completed". Okay, technically incorrect, but they just wanted to sign it to be done with it and hand it over once the got the word.

Major security breach....uhuh.

Well, last month we arrived at BHX and specifically briefed the purser not to sign anything until she got the word. So far so good.
Anyways, once you arrive at the A/C you get a form from ground handling that the A/C has been security checked, apperantly this is done the night before by the A/C cleaners. They check the A/C once it arrives in the evening, seal it, and then it should be okay in the morning.
However arriving in the morning, nobody had any record on the seals that were used to seal the A/C. The seals in fact where broken when we arrived at the A/C.

You would not believe the grief given to us when we requested ( with the fines in our head) a complete a/C security check again, as we could not prove that nobody had tampered with the A/C overnight.

Major tauntrum!!

For a personal note: what's up with crews not being allowed to bypass the pax lines at the security check at BHX. Seems to me just a way to hassle the crew. What's the use of the crew standing at the end of the line, while they should be preparing the A/C for departure, so that once tha pax get through the security procedure they can board straight away. BHX, as far as I know, is the only place that does that.

Look, listen, I'm the first to agree with increased security standards, However, at some places, BHX included, it seems that security staff abuse their responsibilty to piss off flight crews for their own personal entertainment