PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UGSAS reunion
Thread: UGSAS reunion
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2007, 20:05
Big Sand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the 'heads-up' on the Park Circus bash on 4th Aug07. I was 47 entry UGSAS and one of JC's studes. Over the last few years I have unearthed some other ex UGSAS laggs from those days and talk to them regularly.

You know, I recon those treacle scones from the Halloween night are still in those parachutes in Grumbles den! Does any one remember 'Big Sink - the missing link'. Big Sink of the famous RAF Machrihanish taxying incident?. When he inadvertantly taxied a Bulldog down a B road and called up saying " sorry Sur, I canny turn roond there is a Land Rover behind me at the traffic lights" Obviously, Big Sink was treated later to the 'Mother of all Gschneiders!' Talking of The Gschnieder the current OC of SUAS informs me that it is alive and still in operation. He is UGSAS 39 entry and noticed the Gschneider at a do at Cranwell recently.

Great days and look forward to saying hello to the trowser tree in Park Circus in August. Any vets of summer camps at St Mawgan and Woodvale, Spring camp at Machrihanish - it would great to hear from you.

Hi Hooooooooooooooooooo