PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Positioning in uniform BA full fare business class use of lounge denied
Old 27th Feb 2002, 21:42
partagas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stampe, very important post.. . Firstly let me tell you that another reason proferred for denying crews access to lounges is that some passengers have allegedly complained about staff enjoying benefits paid for by the passengers.. . Secondly, vehemently resist any argument advanced on the grounds you describe, ie. previous individuals' misconduct leading to a loss of benefits for all.I was once told in a marvellous hotel in Dubai that due to some crew members taking drinks from the minibar without paying that minibar facilities had been withdrawn. I immediately informed the receptionist that such matters were to be settled between the individual occupant and the hotel. Having endured "group punishments" for five years at an English Public school(eg. one boy talks after lights out ,whole dormitory goes for early morning run), I will not accept the same nonesense as an adult professional pilot.!!. . Most of the time a conciliatory,"softly,softly", approach produces the best results, but when you meet the "awkward squad" a ferocious stance is required.

[ 01 March 2002: Message edited by: partagas ]</p>