PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Orlando Flight Training or Bournemouth
Old 3rd Jun 2007, 18:30
Capt. Slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did post earlier but it seems to have gone missing?

Too good to be true being the key word! Lol, i wouldnt exactly say good all round training fleet, tired at best. The 152's they have look like they're on their last legs! (or wheels if u prefer) The accomodation is quite good, but its hardly beautiful. thats if you do get a house, which isnt likely in my opinion - not much space last time i checked (beware - all the houses seem to be infested with ants!!), so the other option would be the hotel (House=$35/night, hotel=$50/night)...the residential course all looks cheap on paper but by the time you factor in accomodation (works out about £3000 for 6 months) there isnt really much to be saved.

For EPTA i paid £5000 for the course, £1500 for accomodation, thats providing you get a decent rate of £250/month, and then the standard £800 odd for all the exams providing you pass first time. Transport not really an issue, rush hr traffic takes 20/30 mins to get thru, so expect a long commute in a car or alternatively cycle - taxi not an option as it costs the world and a bus service is non existent.

Like i said before, you got a choice of a well established and recognised school that know the ATPL exams inside out and who in my opinion do the utmost to help you pass, or, a new start up in a foreign country. sure, americas nice n all but most of the people i know couldnt stand it for more than a month or so...thats my non biased 2 cents anyway